Everyone wants beautiful skin that naturally glows without having to pile on makeup.
For years, until my late 20’s, I suffered from acne and scarring after years of being told the wrong information.
Things like “avoid oils”, “opt for water based moisturizer”, even “skip the moisturizer”, “let the zits dry out”.
Does anyone realize how awful this advice is and what this ACTUALLY does to your skin? I do, from personal experience.
Letting your acne dry out is the best way to cause scarring, dry, red and irritated skin.
I had acne scars for so many years until I finally started using OIL based serums on my skin. Healing oils finally started to heal all those spots that I was always so self-conscious about as well as healing the actual ACNE that was also present.
Using the RIGHT oils will work miracles on your skin. This goes for any skin type and for all ages.
All this combined with a herbal supplement to balance out my hormones and diet changes are what finally cleared my skin and continues to. Not only on my face, but I also had it on my back, chest and neck areas. (oh it was sure fun times!).
So what is your moisturizer doing for your skin? Because if you aren’t noticing any difference and your skin doesn’t have a nice glow, it could be 1 of 2 things.
- You’re moisturizer is not the right one for your skin and you need to try something new.
2. You’re not drinking enough water! Yes I said it, water.
Drinking at least half your body weight in ounces can help rid your body and skin of harmful toxins.
Ex. You weigh 140lbs, you need at least 70oz of water per day (more if you exercise more and sweat more).
Many people report that an increase in water intake has given their skin a more radiant glow!
But just drinking water isn’t always enough, you need the right PH for your water for the REAL big differences.
I’m not going to go into details on PH of water so feel free to google this. But you need to know this piece of important info now before you run out and get “alkalized water” or run to your tap and guzzle it down.
Consuming excessively acidic or alkaline water is harmful, warns the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Drinking water must have a pH value of 6.5-8.5 to fall within EPA standards, and they further note that even within the acceptable pH range, slightly high- or low-pH water can be unappealing for several reasons.
So what other skin benefits are there to drinking more water?
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles. That’s right, your skin can retain moisture better which increases elasticity which equals fewer visible wrinkles!
- Tighter skin. Since it’s increasing elasticity, your skin will also become tighter and less saggy!
- Reduced puffiness. Our body can swell from trying to retain water. This could mean you’re not drinking enough so your body is storing it.
- Speeds up the healing process for your skin.
- Reduces pore size. I know this is a common question I get, “how can I reduce my pore size”. An easy way is to increase your water intake! Our pores can get clogged and enlarged throughout the day, more water intake helps balance the oil and water on your skin.
- Reduces itchiness. Dry skin can flake and itch. When you stay hydrated, your skin is less likely to become dry, flakey and itchy!
So the real answer to naturally glowing skin is in the water and moisturizer. When you find the one that works for you, you will be soooo excited to use it daily!
Here’s a few brands with great moisturizers and serums to check out:
Buddhaful Skincare – GLOW is a personal fave!
In our shop we have a few skincare items still available while supplies last! Click HERE and use code CLEAROUT for huge savings on select items!
*some of these links are affiliate links so I do make a commission on them. Thank you for going through our link for your skincare needs!