Who else gets annoyed with long, written life stories about the recipe they are about to give you at the very end of the story?
I’m going to get straight to the point here, it’s the reason you’re here right?
How to make Elderberry Gummies
Gummies are a great way to get kids to have their vitamins when they don’t want any other form. They are fun and taste delicious! Heck, even adults love them!
The elderberry is said to Fight colds and flu with powerful anti-oxidants and anti inflammatory properties and are beneficial to the immune system. This syrup is extremely high in Vitamin C which is vital to fight off unwanted colds and flu symptoms.
Bioflavonoids and other proteins in the juice destroy the ability of cold and flu viruses to infect a cell. Laboratory studies have also shown that elder extracts act as anti-virals, inhibiting replication of flu and other viruses. Human studies have been found to decrease the duration of cold and flu symptoms.
Tip: make your elderberry syrup a bit sweeter than usual for the gummies, they will taste better!
Here is how to make gummies from your elderberry syrup:
1 cup elderberry syrup (click to find my DIY kits)
¼ cup gelatin (vegan options below)
⅔ cup very hot water (but not boiling)
Silicon molds (I found mine on amazon)
- In a small bowl at ¼ cup of the elderberry syrup with the gelatin and mix well until dissolved.
- Add the hot water and mix well until all gelatin is dissolved.
- Add remaining elderberry syrup and stir well.
- Pour mixture into molds (many come with a dropper to make it easier, a turkey baster may also work)
- Put in fridge for at least 1 hour until they become firm.
- Remove and store in an airtight jar in the fridge. They should keep for about 2 months depending on sugar content! The less humid your fridge is, the longer they will last. Watch for mold.
Dosage is as elderberry package states. Be aware of how many ml is in each gummy so you can calculate appropriate dose for adults and children.
*This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.*